Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
Tags Displays a list of tags that has been used in the blog.
Bloggers Search for your favorite blogger from this site.
Archives Contains a list of blog posts that were created previously.
Things Marvel and DC Can Learn About Action Figures From S.H. Figuarts
[Originally Posted on http://obsessive-geek.blogspot.com/]
Hey Marvel and DC,
I love toys. Loved 'em all my life. And you guys have made perhaps some of the best toys I ever had. But recently I've discovered a new love of toys from one brand: S.H. Figuarts. They've consistently made quality toy after quality toy, and I've even suggested that you guy might want to team up with them for a figure line. Bu I'm sure you guys don't feel like hearing from some random guy on the internet on how he feels you guys can make your toys better, right? Wouldn't that make me look presumptuous and arrogant in you eyes, telling you, guys who've been making action figures since the seventies, how the can improve?
TOO BAD, I'M DOING IT ANYWAY!
I kid, I kid, dear sirs and madams. This is not meant to insult you in any way, shape or form. This is merely one guy wanting to see his childhood heroes get the same treatment as the karate bugmen he's come to love as an adult.
Now certain things ( articulation, waist movement, durability, weapons and accessories accurate to the characters) you've basically mastered, but here's a short list on techniques and idea you can borrow from S.H. Figuarts:
- Multiple Hands- Don't you always wish your Spider-Man figure could have a pair of fists, web-slinging hands and wall-crawling hands? Of course you have! Multiple hands packaged with the toy are a great way to give variety and value to an action figure. Give out open hands, gripping hands, hands spread out in rage! The people will appreciate you for it.
Effects Parts- Wouldn't you also like to have your Spider-Man look like he is shooting web? Then add some effects parts. From eye-beams to slash effects to energy shields, effects parts can make for more value to a toy and more fun for the purchaser.
- Constant Use of Double Joints For Arms and Legs- You guys a pretty damn good at using double jointed arms and legs for your more agile looking characters, but I'd like to see them more on your more beefy characters (Thor, Hulk, ect.) and most of the DC Direct line. Just a personal thing to me, but I like more motion in my action figures.
So take these suggestions just as they are: suggestions. I'm not demanding anything from you guys, your products are great, I just want you to start thinking a bout leaning more towards what Figuarts is doing right now. Thank you for your time.
- Things Marvel And DC Can Learn About Action Figures From S.H. Figuats - Comics/Books Jul 05
- COMIC BOOK CLASH #1: FIGHT ONE- "BIG TIME" Spiderman vs. "BATMAN INC." Dick Grayson Batman - Movies/TV Mar 15
- COMIC BOOK QUICK HITS #27 - PUNISHER & DAREDEVIL TEAMS REVEALED, DC NATION EMERGES TO HELP CN, ASPEN #0 ISSUES SELL OUT - Comics/Books Mar 23
- Ciaranred's comicbook reviews Ciaranred's Pull list 18/08/2011 - Comics/Books Aug 20
- Guardians of the Galaxy & Comic Book Cinema Success - Movies/TV Sep 24